Teen Bite Issues
There are a variety of bite issues that can be common among teenagers, and this can mean that Invisalign treatment for teens is often more complex than it is with adults. Some common teen bite issues include:
- Gapped Teeth: When there are gaps between multiple teeth
- Open Bite: When there’s a gap between the upper and lower teeth when the jaw is closed
- Underbite: When the bottom teeth overlap the top teeth significantly when the jaw is closed
- Overbite: When the top teeth overlap the bottom teeth significantly when the jaw is closed
- Crowded Teeth: When teeth are crooked because they’re too crowded (not enough space)
- Crossbite: When one or more upper teeth on one side are overlapped by the lower teeth when biting down
All of these bite issues can be addressed with Invisalign treatment. The approach is customized for each patient because each teen’s bite issues are unique. Dr. Webb will design a treatment plan using 3D computer imaging, which allows you to see the projected outcome of the treatment even before it begins.
Spend Less Time at the Orthodontist
Invisalign Teen appointments require less time at the orthodontist than traditional braces do. Check-ups aren’t needed as often as traditional braces. During this quick visit, Dr. Webb will check on teeth alignment to make sure that progress is on track. Because there are no wire or bracket adjustments, the whole process is quicker and easier.